Adventures of a Stay at Home Mom

Just what the title says, this is the adventures of a SAHM.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I am a 35 yr old SAHM to my beautiful daughter Jessica. We have lived in Middle TN for 7 yrs now. I grew up in a Navy family & have lived everywhere from Japan to South Carolina. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 11 yrs. We are currently trying to adopt our second child from the US.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Please Pray!!

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up, but if anyone still reads this thing, please pray for us. LOL The girl that works with me took in a baby of an inmate back in July. The inmate was pregnant when she went to jail. She didn't want to go through the state courts because she didn't want her baby in foster care. So, the chaplain at the prison found my friend through someone they both knew. My friend went into this just as a "foster" mom. The birth mom has an 8 yr sentence, but her first parole hearing is next May. Well, my friend was taking the baby up to the prison every weekend to stay w/her there so they could bond. Well, the b-mom called my friend the other night & told her she didn't want him coming over the weekends anymore, she can't handle it. So, my friend thinks she might be wanting to give the baby to my friend. Well my friend already has 4 kids, 2 of which are special needs, and doesn't want anymore kids. So, she told me if the baby's mother does this, & gives guardianship to my friend that my friend will sign over guardianship to ME! Now, like I said I'm really trying not to get my hopes up, because his mother could change her mind & my friend's husband wants to keep him even though my friend doesn't. So, there's still all kinds of things that COULD happen. But, please just pray if it's the Lord's will, that we get this baby. I keep him in the mother's day out twice a week & he is such a sweet baby. Anyway, just please pray.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle I will be praying that this works out for you sweety

11:59 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Please update us!!!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home