Adventures of a Stay at Home Mom

Just what the title says, this is the adventures of a SAHM.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I am a 35 yr old SAHM to my beautiful daughter Jessica. We have lived in Middle TN for 7 yrs now. I grew up in a Navy family & have lived everywhere from Japan to South Carolina. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 11 yrs. We are currently trying to adopt our second child from the US.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Raising Funds for Adoption

Well, we will be actively looking for an agency come October so now we're trying to raise some money to cover initial costs. I am selling my handmade items on etsy & have joined a great group called Hearts4Adoption We have a team on etsy also called Hearts For Adoption We are joining together to support each other along the way and help promote each other's stores so that we can help bring our children home.

Any and all prayers for us during this time would be much appreciated! We have had 2 "placements" fall through so we're praying third times a charm ;)

I didn't post about our second child that didn't happen. On a messageboard I belong to someone e-mailed me about her sister who was 9mths pregnant at the time. We sent her our profile and was fairly certain we were going to be chosen for her daughter, who was do at any time. We were very excited because they were only about 4 hrs away in GA. Well, that all happened on a Sat. By Tues afternoon, she contacted us and told us that she had chosen another family. It really puts doubts into your head about whether we will ever be chosen or is there something wrong with us that would make them not to choose us. It's just a roller coaster.



Visit some of my favorites

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Your stuff is beautiful and I will definitely be buying some after we get moved and the budget eases up a smidge. Like that pink flower clip that my little one would LOVE.

The adoption process is full of heartaches and I'm sorry you've had to deal with them. I hope things brighten soon for you guys!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home